Monday, August 13, 2012

Beloved KOMO TV anchor Kathi Goertzen dies

So well put by my wonderful Mom, Patti Payne, on Kathi's passing. I was so lucky to know Kathi and be touched - like so many others - by her grace and charm and amazing warmth. Whether she was calling me about her daughter wanting to be on American Idol or telling me she still wanted to go on a medical mission for Medical Teams Int'l even though she was not on the news desk anymore. She even wrote me back a few weeks ago saying that she would love to visit even though she wasn't eating or walking or talking very well. I didn't know what to do or say when I learned of her passing this afternoon from my Mom, because I was so sure she would pull through this. But my way of keeping her with me is to rememer that infectious smile and her incredibly positive attitude about EVERYTHING and her fierce love of family and friends. It reminds me to spend as much time as possible with my family and my dear friends and to remind them how much I love them. Going to get my son now and spend a good evening at home with him and with my husband and family. Cliche as it is, each day is so very precious. You will be missed by so many, Kathi.  And yes, as you asked, we will always remember you for who you are and were.
        KOMO TV news anchor Kathi Goertzen has died after battle with benign brain tumors.


     
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment